Today we release Infor Smart Office 10.0.5. We will cover some of the new features and tools in the weeks to come. But let’s start with an overview of the new features in 10.0.5. The admin utility programs can be used to run against Smart Office version 10.0.4 as well. There is also a tool that will allow you to export and import user favorites from version 9.x – 10.0.3 into a version 10.0.4 or 10.0.5. This can come in handy if you don’t want to follow the upgrade paths in order to get to 10.0.5 (or 10.0.4) from a 9.x version.
Role based mashups
There is a new Mashup File Administration Tool that allows you to allows you to control user access to deployed Mashup files. Using this tool, you can select users or roles from the user repository to which Infor Smart Office authenticates and connect them to applications in a deployed mashup project. You can also set up mashup files to prevent any user from accessing them, or allow public access, meaning that all users can access them. This also means that the Mashup files are no longer available at the Smart Office file area on the server. Also not that you don’t control access to a specific Mahup but to a Mashup project.
Utility Admin tool to Manage Settings Files
SettingsTool.exe is a command line tool that exports and imports settings files, pre-defined widget files and link files. Normally these files are edited through the Settings Editor, Predefined Widgets Editor and Link Manager in the Infor Smart Office Administration Tools. SettingsTool.exe allows administrators to update these files without opening the Infor Smart Office client.
Utility Admin tool to Manage User Files
A new utility, UserFilesTool.exe, is delivered to allow administrators to manage user files without opening the Infor Smart Office client.
UserFilesTool.exe has two features:
– It can be used to delete files, download files, and upload/replace roamed user and settings files for individual users.
– Users’ favorites and canvas files from the file system in Lawson Smart Office 10.0.0.0 through 10.0.3.0 can be imported into the Infor Smart Office 10.0.5.0 GDBC database.
Changed to News Reader Widget support
The News Reader now supports basic authentication and Integrated Windows Authentication (NTLM). It is possible to enter a user name and password for basic authentication. These values will be stored locally and
encrypted on the machine so it is not possible for an administrator to configure a default super user and password.
M3 – Changes to Ad Hoc Reporting
The following changes have been made to the M3 Ad Hoc Reporting feature:
– The filter field now searches in the field name and table name in addition to the field description. When the filter field is used, the field name and table name are displayed in the filtered results.
– When you edit a column, the field and table name are displayed.
– The list column header menu is no longer displayed in Ad hoc reporting mode.
Lawson – Link to attachments now available from the Toolbox
If a user has attachments enabled, Add an Attachment is available from the Toolbox. Previously, this was available only through a hotkey.
Lawson – Option to Choose Submit or Quick Submit Button
Previously only the Quick Submit button appeared on the toolbar of Job List and batch forms. By unchecking the ‘Use quick submit button’ option on User Settings (Jobs & Reports tab) the Submit button will appear instead.
Lawson – Mashup links available in some standard forms features
Form Links, BrowserTabs and Related Information Visualizer can now consume mashup URIs.
Lawson – Allow selection of Lawson Smart Reports as default report type
Users can select LSR (Lawson Smart Reports) as the default report type in their settings in Lawson Transactions (Jobs & Reports tab).
Lawson – Mashup Designer enhancements
– List panels now have Edit List in Excel available from context menus.
– Drill SelectTextBoxes now alow entry of rules key number for retrieving a description.
Lawson – New Scripting Methods
New IFORM methods:
– ResetTabStops: A convenient way to reset tab stops for an entire form.
– MoveDetailElement and RemoveDetailElement: Methods for handling existing detail elements on forms.
New ControlsUtils methods for adding custom controls to detail areas:
– Add DetailCheckBox
Check out the release documentation for more information.