There are quite a few customers installing 10.1.1 and migrating their data from 10.0.5.2.x.
It is important to note that this is still a migration of data and not an upgrade path. There is a new stand-alone tool (Mango Admin Tool) that will help you with the export and import of data.
Some important notes to consider:
- You can only have one Smart Office installation per grid. (It does not matter if the name has hanged to MangoServer)
- If you want to use the same grid you need to: upgrade to 10.0.5.2, export the data, move the zip or download it, then uninstall and install 10.1.1.
- Separate .lawsonapplications need to be installed on 10.1.1 before importing the data, but the configuration will be imported. Installed features will not be migrated but installed Mashups will be included
- For Lawson DSSO you should NOT configure Smart Office to use the DSSO Router. You should use the Default Router with the DSSO session provider.
- You can run 10.1.1 on MS SQL server instead of the built in H2 database.
- You can use the Mango Admin tool to export and import data in the same version, cloning your production setup to test for example.
One of our customers, has blogged about his experience in his blog, Potato IT – Upgrading from Smart Office 10.0.5.2.16 to 10.1.1.0.19. He covers upgrading M3 User Adapter and Smart Office.