Part II – How to Find Your Way
Part III – Getting the Facts and Categories
Part IV – ClickOnce Installation Log
Part V – M3 Transaction Time Measurements
Overview of the Improved UI
An improved user interface for Smart Office Log Viewer was introduced in 10.2.1.0.189 (HF18) to make it easier and more efficient to resolve issues and find relevant information. The benefits and features of the improved user interface will be covered in a series of blog posts.
The main new features are:
- Smart Office log session selector
- Extraction of relevant facts from the log
- User customizable content categories
- Improved sharing of log content
The improved user interface consists of:
- Session Selector where you choose whether to see the entire log, a specific session or a time span. By default the latest session is selected.
- Category selector where you choose the category related log entries.
- Content area where you see the log entries based on the current session- or category- selection.
- Extracted facts that is often relevant for support issues. The area can be expanded or collapsed.
At the bottom you have the quick access buttons to import- and share- the log file.
On the very first launch after installation the (2) Category- and (4) Facts- areas will be collapsed. You can expand/collapse the areas by dragging the window splitters or click the Verbose toggle button.
Where do I find the Log Viewer?
• Open the Smart Office About dialog and click on the link.
• Open the Administration Tools folder in the Navigator Widget and launch Log Viewer.
• Launch the Smart Office link internal://log using a Canvas Shortcut or using the Canvas Start field (CTRL+R).
• As a Standalone Windows Application found in LogViewer.zip under Additional Files in the Smart Office installation package.
What if I prefer the original user interface?
You can switch to the original user interface by clicking on the Classic button, create a Canvas Shortcut or Navigator Widget Favorites link with the URL internal://log/classic.
What’s in it for me as a SDK Developer?
You can create one or more categories specific for your feature and define a launch link that will open the Log Viewer with your category selected. How to do this will be covered in an upcoming blog post.