With each 10.2.1.x hotfix for Smart Office, in addition to fixes of reported issues, many enhancements have also been included. And with each release, we update the Knowledgebase article that summarizes those changes (KB-1626878). This post will provide some more detail about the enhancements included over the second half of 2018 and those so far in 2019.
1) A new user setting (Toolbox width on the Advanced tab) allows for a wider presentation of the forms and lists toolbox area.
2) In addition to the width setting, there is now also a setting to allow the toolbox to be locked in the open or displayed position.
3) Alpha filter fields on lists have always defaulted to a ‘Starts with’ comparison, but a new application setting (Default alpha search type – set in the Settings Editor for S3.Client) allows an administrator to change the default to ‘Contains’.
1) On the Actions menu of standard forms, there is now a menu item to launch the list view for forms that support it.
2) Three enhancements were made to the Script tool: a) the help menu links to the Microsoft .NET reference; b) some common .NET event handler helpers were added; and c) the search providers were added to the context menu.
1) Three new methods were added to the supported scripting model (as documented in the Object Browser): IForm GetFieldByNumer and IField Get/SetAttribute.
2) Before publishing a script file to the server, it is now scanned for non-ASCII characters which might cause subsequent compilations to fail. These characters might be introduced by writing script in another editor and pasting to the Script tool.
3) A search feature was added to the Personalization Manager which allows an administrator the ability to find form and list personalizations by token as well as finding references to Jscript files.
1) In addition to several minor enhancements, two major personalization enhancements for standard forms were introduced: the ability to display hidden fields and the ability to move standard elements. These are both described in greater details in this post: New Personalization features for Infor Smart Office for Lawson.
1) A search feature was added to the Object Browser for help in locating property and method documentation and sample code.
Note: this hot fix has been pulled due to the introduction of a serious regression in the M3 client. Since hotfixes are cumulative, the enhancements listed here are included in hot fix 37
1) Infor Browser calculated fields can now be used as an operand for another calculated field.
2) A Lawson System Check utility is available to administrators to examine various settings and provide recommended changes, if any.
3) Three new scripting enhancements were added: two methods added to ControlsUtil (AddCustomTextBlock and AddCustomGroupLine); and constant for setting element foreground colors to the selected theme color (ScriptConstants.ThemeBrush).
4) The net://auth protocol is intended only to support Lawson web content and since the only version of Internet Explorer now supported by Lawson is IE 11, if the user’s browser emulation is not set to IE 11 with the net application is launched, a warning will be displayed. Administrators should consider locking the browser emulation application setting in the Settings Editor.
1) Two scripting enhancement were added to the supported scripting model (as documented in the Object Browser): an IField event, FieldValueChanged and the static class, HotkeyActions, which documents hotkey action names.
2) A new Profile setting in the SmartClient section of the Profile Editor (LogonBannerUrl) allows administrators to specify the URL of custom content to display in a browser control as users logon.