The Smart Office Startpad is an add on that you can install in Smart Office 10.0.5 and 10.1.1. It enables your users and the administrator to build startpads with links to different programs. This application was first released for Smart Office 10.0.5 (version 1) with a limited set of functionality but has been greatly improved for Smart Office 10.1.1 (Startpad version 2). In this post I’ll cover the features in the StartPad Manager and how to deploy startpads. Continue reading
There are quite a few customers installing 10.1.1 and migrating their data from 10.0.5.2.x.
It is important to note that this is still a migration of data and not an upgrade path. There is a new stand-alone tool (Mango Admin Tool) that will help you with the export and import of data.
Some important notes to consider:
- You can only have one Smart Office installation per grid. (It does not matter if the name has hanged to MangoServer)
- If you want to use the same grid you need to: upgrade to 10.0.5.2, export the data, move the zip or download it, then uninstall and install 10.1.1.
- Separate .lawsonapplications need to be installed on 10.1.1 before importing the data, but the configuration will be imported. Installed features will not be migrated but installed Mashups will be included
- For Lawson DSSO you should NOT configure Smart Office to use the DSSO Router. You should use the Default Router with the DSSO session provider.
- You can run 10.1.1 on MS SQL server instead of the built in H2 database.
- You can use the Mango Admin tool to export and import data in the same version, cloning your production setup to test for example.
One of our customers, has blogged about his experience in his blog, Potato IT – Upgrading from Smart Office 10.0.5.2.16 to 10.1.1.0.19. He covers upgrading M3 User Adapter and Smart Office.
Smart Office 10.1.1 has been released and this service pack contains the tooling you need to migrate data from a 10.0.5.2 version to 10.1.1. Part of the work in this service pack is that we continued to move all files to a database so that we in the future can scale out Smart Office on to many Grids. We are not there yet becuase there are a few more changes needed on the server, but as of version 10.1.1 all configuration files that are related to the Smart Office server are stored in the database. Even though the name of the application in the Grid has changed to MangoServer it is still not supported to install more than one Smart Office server in the same grid (regardless of version). Continue reading