In this blog post I’ll show you some screenshots how you can download a feature fix for Smart Office. In this case it is the fix for Process Server. I’ll show you the steps to download the fix and get the contained ZIP to be able to extract all the content that is in the zip. The zip might contain a feature to be installed or the full zip that contains extra tools for Smart Office.
Download the fix
- Login to LCM.
- Click Window menu > Preferences sub-menu.
- Specify the correct CCSS server url, https://ccss1.infor.com.
- Click Apply then OK button.
- Click Actions menu > Retrieve Fixes sub-menu.
- Select the correct CCSS Channel ex. InforSmartOffice_10.2.0 (Infor Smart Office 10.2.1).
- Log on to CCSS Server using the same userid and password that you use for Infor Extreme Support.
- Select the fix from the list of Available Fixes.
- Click Retrieve button.
- Click Yes button in Verifying package window.
- Click OK on the notification that Upload is successful.
- Open IE, go to CCSS Fixes Available for Download page of the LCM server ex. http://<LCMserver>:<port>/ccss. For us the port is 4062.
- Double-click on the fix.
- Save the zip file.
- Go to the location where the zip file is saved and extract the zip file.
- The extracted file contains the lawsonapp.
Upload the fix
- Go back to LCM.
- Click Admin menu > Upload Products sub-menu.
- Click Upload button.
- Locate the downloaded lawsonapp and proceed with upload.
- Click OK on the notification that Operation and Registration is successful.
The new version of the application is available and you can uninstall the previous version and install this new one. In most cases you need to do an upgrade (as described below) but after HF18 and with ProcessServerAndLandmarkAdapters you would want to make a new install at this time. But for HF 19 and later you can go ahead and upgrade.
How to upgrade using the fix
- Right-click on the previously installed feature, for example ProcessServerAndLandmarkAdapters,
- Select Upgrade.
- Select the correct version.
- Click Next button.
- Click Finish button.
Special thanks to Noreen for providing all these steps!
You must be logged in to post a comment.