We have released Smart Office 10.1.2. It comes with some great new features.
There are quite a few customers installing 10.1.1 and migrating their data from 10.0.5.2.x.
It is important to note that this is still a migration of data and not an upgrade path. There is a new stand-alone tool (Mango Admin Tool) that will help you with the export and import of data.
Some important notes to consider:
- You can only have one Smart Office installation per grid. (It does not matter if the name has hanged to MangoServer)
- If you want to use the same grid you need to: upgrade to 10.0.5.2, export the data, move the zip or download it, then uninstall and install 10.1.1.
- Separate .lawsonapplications need to be installed on 10.1.1 before importing the data, but the configuration will be imported. Installed features will not be migrated but installed Mashups will be included
- For Lawson DSSO you should NOT configure Smart Office to use the DSSO Router. You should use the Default Router with the DSSO session provider.
- You can run 10.1.1 on MS SQL server instead of the built in H2 database.
- You can use the Mango Admin tool to export and import data in the same version, cloning your production setup to test for example.
One of our customers, has blogged about his experience in his blog, Potato IT – Upgrading from Smart Office 10.0.5.2.16 to 10.1.1.0.19. He covers upgrading M3 User Adapter and Smart Office.
The most common way to extend the functionality of M3 panels in MForms is to use JScript files but there are other options such as Script assemblies and MForms extensions. With Script assemblies you can write code in most languages supported by .NET such as C# and VB.Net and you can actually debug your code using Visual Studio. Instead of deploying the script as a JScript file you use a .NET assembly in the form of a DLL file.
In Smart Office 10.0.5 we introduced support for connecting Mashups to roles. This is something that we should have implemented from day one but there are a few reasons why we haven’t. First of all Smart Office is a platform for different applications, we did not want to create yet another custom tool where you manage and create LSO roles. M3 have their roles, S3 has there roles, roles are related to Security and there is another team who handles Security. We were pushing for a common solution for Lawson. The Smart Office server has moved to the Grid (9.1.3).
Authentication is handled by the Session Provider in the grid and in the grid it is possible to connect users to roles. The session provider can be connected to for example IFS, Infor Federated Services, were you set up claims and claim rules. Continue reading
In this post I will show you how you can configure the Navigator widget so that the favorites tab is opened by default. Continue reading
A script requirement we recently heard of was to be able to show tooltips on cells in a M3 list and that the tooltip value should be retrieved using a MI-program. The specific requirement was to get the user name for list columns that contains M3 user IDs. The idea is to use this in M3 lists where the user ID is shown in a column but the user name is not part of the list. Continue reading